Sunday, July 29, 2012

O Sushi

Sushi is a perfect refreshing lunch for a hot summer. A group of friends and I went to O Sushi for a late lunch and we were all starving by the time we got there. The atmosphere of the restaurant was simple, clean with a Japanese vibe. Because of the time, there were not many others in the restaurant and we were seated immediately by a waitress dressed in a kimono. 

Most of my friends ordered lunch bentos and sushi rolls. I was craving sashimi and decided on a chirashi. Our server was really attentive and pleasant, but the food took a while to come out. However, we were a group of seven, and most of the guys ordered two items off the menu. Also, it was later and there was only one sushi chef working at the time. 

My order was the last to come out, but it was worth the wait! It had been a long time since I had any sashimi and I really enjoyed the fish O Sushi prepared. The dish was fresh, balanced, and delicious. There was a good variety of different sashimi, including tuna, salmon, and yellowtail. The sushi rice underneath was well seasoned and paired really well with the sashimi. 


Chirashi: $19


Many of my friends got a lunch bento box, which had a lot of food for the price. There were several choices that they could choose from for their box. One of them chose sashimi and a spring roll, both of which they enjoyed thoroughly. However, the steamed vegetables did not have any flavor.


Lunch Bento Box: $11.95


Most of my friends got rolls, which they all really enjoyed. They looked well made and I will definitely try them on my next visit here.

O Sushi is one of the best Japanese restaurants I have been to in Birmingham, and I have been searching around for a while. The seafood is fresh and our server was really pleasant. I am already excited for my next trip here!





O Sushi 



5519 Grove Blvd
Ste 101

HooverAL 35226
(205) 733-3736

No comments:

Post a Comment