Friday, July 20, 2012

Izzo's Illegal Burrito

Today was another day of shopping and my friend and I were craving burritos. We walked passed Izzo's Illegal Burrito and decided that we need to try it out.


Rating: 3 out of 5 

It was my first time at Izzo's. When I walked in and looked at the menu up ahead, I realized that this was set up almost exactly like Chipotle, one of my favorite fast food restaurants. The atmosphere of Izzo's was similar to Chipotle, with more colors. The prices were higher, but they had more ingredients to add in the burritos, like sautéed mushrooms and onions. 




I decided on getting a burrito bowl, which is what I usually get at Chipotle. The portion was smaller than that of Chipotle, but there was still a good amount of food. The rice did not have much flavor and was not very fluffy. The chicken was a little dry but it was seasoned well. I wish the hot sauces had more heat so that part was disappointing too. I love mushrooms and onions, so I really liked that Izzo's included the those. 


Chicken Burrito Bowl: $9.10

Overall, Izzo's was enjoyable and I left with a very full stomach. I can't help but compare Izzo's to Chipotle because of the many similarities between the two, and Chipotle wins out. I probably won't be returning here because I know I can get a better burrito elsewhere. 




Izzo's Illegal Burrito

300 Summit Blvd
Ste 104

BirminghamAL 35243
(205) 970-3001

No comments:

Post a Comment