Friday, August 3, 2012

Nothing But Noodles

Located in the same shopping plaza as Whole Foods, I usually stop by Nothing but Noodles after I do my weekly grocery shopping. Though the name suggests to offer only noodles, the place also serves a variety of soups and salads. There are a multitude of noodle dishes, from Italian inspired, like Margherita, to Asian based, like Thai Peanut. The dishes are all vegetarian friendly with an extra cost to add different meats or tofu. Each dish comes with a single garlic breadstick, but there are options to buy potstickers or mozzarella stuffed breadsticks as additional side orders too.



Rating: 3 out of 5 stars


I always like some spice in my food so today I ordered the American-inspired Santa Fe pasta. The dish had a green chili cream sauce, sautéed onions, tomatoes, and freshly grated Parmesan and Romano cheese. The order came out quickly and the portion was large; I knew I would be needing a box to home back the leftovers. The pasta had great flavor l but the cream and cheese combination was a little too heavy for me, causing me to feel stuffed and gorged really quickly. The cream made a nice dipping sauce for the garlic breadstick as well.



Santa Fe Pasta: $6.49


Overall, I enjoy eating at Nothing but Noodles. The service is quick, the location is convenient, and the food is flavorful. I will be coming back to try the other noodle dishes, most likely an Asian-inspired pasta dish, on my next visit.



Nothing But Noodles
2800 Cahaba Village Plz
Ste 140

Mountain BrookAL 35243
(205) 238-5511

No comments:

Post a Comment